- I managed to put in a proposal for a summer workshop at my school district. I have no idea (and, frankly, little reason to hope) that it will be accepted, but it was an important first step.
- I'm still working on getting my life in order. My toe is healing nicely, and it looks as though I will continue to improve mobility. That would make it easier to move around, and continue functioning as a teacher.
- I've re-booted my novel revision, and will be continuing to slap that puppy into shape. Once I do, I plan to approach publication from 2 directions:
- Send it out to potential publishers
- If I don't at least get a nibble within a reasonable amount of time, self-publish and self-promote
- I'll be continuing my writing - I keep dipping into the Chem ebook, and may realistically anticipate it being on the market by late summer - just in time for new teachers to discover it!
- I'm keeping my eyes out for other, non-regular school jobs. I will start dedicating time to that after Easter break.
One significant direction to follow is to (1) reduce expenses, and (2) get the money that is in the pipeline already - taxes, refunds, lost funds, etc.
I plan to put most of my efforts on relatively short-term, or part-time opportunities. The goal is NOT to replace my full-time job with another, but to reduce the time spent in paid work.