- I managed to put in a proposal for a summer workshop at my school district. I have no idea (and, frankly, little reason to hope) that it will be accepted, but it was an important first step.
- I'm still working on getting my life in order. My toe is healing nicely, and it looks as though I will continue to improve mobility. That would make it easier to move around, and continue functioning as a teacher.
- I've re-booted my novel revision, and will be continuing to slap that puppy into shape. Once I do, I plan to approach publication from 2 directions:
- Send it out to potential publishers
- If I don't at least get a nibble within a reasonable amount of time, self-publish and self-promote
- I'll be continuing my writing - I keep dipping into the Chem ebook, and may realistically anticipate it being on the market by late summer - just in time for new teachers to discover it!
- I'm keeping my eyes out for other, non-regular school jobs. I will start dedicating time to that after Easter break.
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
What to Do If Your Retirement Plan Needs Tweaking?
I'm a little more hopeful about figuring out a way to retire than I was the last time I posted. Several reasons for this:
One significant direction to follow is to (1) reduce expenses, and (2) get the money that is in the pipeline already - taxes, refunds, lost funds, etc.
I plan to put most of my efforts on relatively short-term, or part-time opportunities. The goal is NOT to replace my full-time job with another, but to reduce the time spent in paid work.
This is a hot-button issue. All of the literature regarding saving for retirement suggests that there soon may be a glut of aging bums on th...
Last night, we watched TV in a newly cleaned bedroom. It was nice to enjoy a less dusty, less cluttered environment. This morning, I go...
We've been talking a lot lately, and we are beginning to plan our purchases more prudently - with an eye to what might be useful in reti...
...we're on the road, again. We are traveling to Cleveland, to take care of some residual business with the house we sold. The contrac...