- The NC check came yesterday - MONTHS after I sent in the paperwork. However, it did come, and is currently in the hands of the SC Retirement people. I made a physical trip down there this morning, to make sure that the money would be in their hands today.
- It looks I've started getting the SC retirement money - my bank is showing the first check (e-deposit) is pending. Don't know how the NC money will affect that. It may mean I have to refund the June money, and take the first month as of July. We'll see.
- I'm getting the piddling SS money ($8/month). However, I won't be taking my SS as a worker until at least January of 2018. Maybe longer, it depends on how long Den is working, and if I can scrounge extra money up - either teaching a college class, or writing for magazines, or something.
- I'm still waiting on the new Medicare card. The old one only shows Part A. However, on the web, it does show that Part B is there, as well as all of the rest of the alphabet that I have to have.
- Have not been able to look over the taxes yet, since I left school. I've put it on my list, but other situations took precedence (including a bad back). Hopefully, over the next 2 weeks, I'll manage to get that taken care of.
Sunday, July 2, 2017
Moving Forward with the Paperwork
It's a slow process - a VERY slow process.
I'm not an organized or particularly neat person. As a kid, I cleaned up my room immediately after my mother pitched a massive fit about...
I've never belonged to AARP. My husband joined, just for the discounts (probably MOST peoples' motivation). I've heard about t...
We've been talking a lot lately, and we are beginning to plan our purchases more prudently - with an eye to what might be useful in reti...
My Father's decision to retire early My father had received a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer from his doctor, when he was 60. He was n...