- The NC check came yesterday - MONTHS after I sent in the paperwork. However, it did come, and is currently in the hands of the SC Retirement people. I made a physical trip down there this morning, to make sure that the money would be in their hands today.
- It looks I've started getting the SC retirement money - my bank is showing the first check (e-deposit) is pending. Don't know how the NC money will affect that. It may mean I have to refund the June money, and take the first month as of July. We'll see.
- I'm getting the piddling SS money ($8/month). However, I won't be taking my SS as a worker until at least January of 2018. Maybe longer, it depends on how long Den is working, and if I can scrounge extra money up - either teaching a college class, or writing for magazines, or something.
- I'm still waiting on the new Medicare card. The old one only shows Part A. However, on the web, it does show that Part B is there, as well as all of the rest of the alphabet that I have to have.
- Have not been able to look over the taxes yet, since I left school. I've put it on my list, but other situations took precedence (including a bad back). Hopefully, over the next 2 weeks, I'll manage to get that taken care of.
Sunday, July 2, 2017
Moving Forward with the Paperwork
It's a slow process - a VERY slow process.
In general, well - I've managed to get a few pieces published at Medium: Dream: I'll Retire and Write Books All Day. Reality: Th...
I did National Novel Writing Month again this year. I gave up about 1/3 of the way through. Life smacked me in the face a few times, and ...
I've never belonged to AARP. My husband joined, just for the discounts (probably MOST peoples' motivation). I've heard about t...
My Father's decision to retire early My father had received a diagnosis of pancreatic cancer from his doctor, when he was 60. He was n...